GITLAB FOR DEVELOPERS & ADMINISTRATORS
GitLab is a web-based tool designed to help developers collaborate more effectively through out each phase of the software development life cycle. Meanwhile, Git is free and open source software for distributed version control: tracking changes in any set of files, usually used for coordinating work among programmers collaboratively developing source code during software development.
In this course, you will learn how to set up a GitLab project, edit files, and leverage key features to collaborate more effectively with your teammates.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND THIS COURSE
1. If you want to work together on a project development with artefacts split over a large group of developers.
2. If you are a developer or administrator who need a good svn and global tracking of your work.
1. Learn how to use the basic GitLab editor to make changes to a file
2. Create branch and merge requests, and interpret the Git commit history.
3. Find out more about using key collaboration features, such as Todos and issues, a
built-in ticketing system for tracking work on your projects.
RATIONAL OF COURSE
1. Sharing your work easily with co-workers & customers
2. How to fit GitLab into your team's workflow
3. Use cloud-based and free online software GitLab
4. Know about the flexibility of being operating system independent 5. Be able to work remotely on a large development project
This is a hands-on course on the fundamentals to intermediate uses of GitLab for developers and administrators. No prior experience required. However an e-mail address will be required and a free subscription to GitLab will be done during the training. This course will consist of:
3. Use cases & projects
(THIS IS A 2 DAYs TRAINING PROGrAMME)
1. WHAT IS GIT?
A Version Control System
GIt Command & Structure Register As Git User
Example Output Of Git Config Git Project
Example Of Git Status Comand Output Get Git Help
2. WHAT IS GITLAB?
So, What Is Devops?
Gitlab Vs Github
Gitlab (And Github) Location
3. GITLAB WORKLOW
Gitlab Workflow Diagram
Gitlab Workflow & Development Stages Review | Git And Gitlab
4. WHAT IS SSH KEY
Connecting With SSH
WORKSHOP | INSTALL GIT
WORKSHOP | CREATING AN ACCOUNT ON GITLAB WORKSHOP | CREATING OUR FIRST PROJECT AND GROUP
5. QUICK REVIEW OF GITLAB
6. GITLAB STRUCTURE
Gitlab Structure Breakdown Defining The Work Planning The Work
Setup Ssh Key In Gitlab
7. GITLAB STRUCTURE BREAKDOWN
Defining The Work Planning The Work Doing The Work
WORKSHOP | CREATING A BLANK PROJECT ON GITLAB CLONE ON YOUR COMPUTER
WORKSHOP | CREATING A CLONE OF YOUR PROJECT
WORKSHOP | GITLAB CODE BASE AND COMMIT
WORKSHOP | CREATING OUR FIRST PROJECT AND GROUP
Updating & Comparison
9. FORK & BRANCH & CLONE
What Is The Difference Between Fork And Branch Fork Method
Cloning GtiLab to Git
WORKSHOP | GITLAB CODE BASE AND COMMIT WORKSHOP | MAKING A FORK & BRANCH WORKSHOP | GIT TO GITLAB CLONING
10. CONTINUOUS INTEGRATION & WORKSHOP
Creating a Pipeline
Running your Pipeline Going Deeper with Pipelines Adding a test
Generate a website
11. CONTINUOUS DELIVERY & WORKSHOP
CD concepts Environments Environment variables First deployment pipeline Automating deployments Complete CD pipeline Releasing to production
USE CASES AND PROJECTS
1. Use cases - Mastering Code Review With GitLab.
2. Use cases - GitLab Workflow in depth
3. Use cases - Code hosting in repositories with version control
4. Use cases - Code review in Merge Requests with live-preview changes per branch with Review Apps
5. Use cases - Improve collaboration with Merge Request Approvals, Multiple Assignees for Issues, and Multiple Issue Boards
6. Use cases - View your entire CI/CD pipeline involving more than one project with Multiple-Project Pipeline Graphs
7. Use cases - Lock files to prevent conflicts
8. Projects - Repositories: Host your codebase in repositories with version control and as part of a fully integrated platform.
9. Projects - Issues: Explore the best of GitLab Issues' features.
10.Projects - Merge Requests: Collaborate on code, reviews, live preview changes per branch, and request approvals with Merge Requests.
11.Projects - Milestones: Work on multiple issues and merge requests towards the same target date with Milestones
FOR PRICING AND BOOKING THIS COURSE, PLEASE E-MAIL US AT email@example.com
OR CALL +6012 451 4977 (MALAYSIA) OR +65 9052 3859 (SINGAPORE)
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be awarded a verified digital certificate by Marc & Zed Training Singapore in collaboration with Marc & Zed SPACES Malaysia