Environmental sustainability, which includes the fair and responsible management of our natural resources, is an urgent global issue. It involves addressing immediate demands while preserving the capacity of future generations to address their own needs. This course explores environmental sustainability's many facets and emphasises how important it is to ensuring both humans and the environment have a bright future.
The objective of this course is to provide participants with the knowledge and skills they need to make a positive impact on the environment. By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
Define environmental sustainability
Identify the major environmental problems facing the world today
Explain the causes and effects of environmental problems
Evaluate the various solutions to environmental problems
Develop a personal plan for living a more sustainable lifestyle
Take action to promote environmental sustainability in their workplace, community, and beyond
This course is open to anyone who is interested in learning more about environmental sustainability and taking action to protect the environment. The course is particularly relevant to employees of businesses and organisations that are committed to sustainability, as well as community leaders and individuals who want to make a difference in their local environment.
The course will be delivered through a combination of lectures, hands-on programming exercises, and real-world problem-solving tasks. Students will be provided with a virtual lab environment where they can practice their programming skills and apply their knowledge to real-world problems.
(THIS IS A 1 DAY TRAINING PROGRAMME)
1. Introduction to Environmental Sustainability
1. What is environmental sustainability?
2. The history of environmentalism
3. The major environmental problems facing the world today
2. The Causes and Effects of Environmental Problems
2. Climate change
3. Solutions to Environmental Problems
1. Reducing our consumption of resources
2. Recycling and composting
3. Using renewable energy sources
4. Protecting our natural resources
4. Living a Sustainable Lifestyle
1. What can we do to live more sustainably?
2. Making changes in our homes
3. Making changes in our transportation
4. Making changes in our diet
5. Taking Action for Sustainability
1. How can we make a difference in our workplace, community, and beyond?
2. What are the challenges and opportunities of sustainability?
3. How can we overcome the challenges and seize the opportunities?
4. The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
5. The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC)
6. The World Wildlife Fund (WWF)
7. Environmental Sustainability: A Global Challenge, by John W. Day, Jr.
8. The Ecology of Commerce, by Paul Hawken
9. Natural Capitalism, by Paul Hawken, Amory Lovins, and L. Hunter Lovins
10. The Sixth Extinction: An Unnatural History, by Elizabeth Kolbert
11. Silent Spring, by Rachel Carson
12. Our Stolen Future, by Theo Colborn, Dianne Dumanoski, and Bruce Patterson